Cleaning your Brooks shoes is simple and easy. First, remove all dirt and debris from the surface of the shoe with a damp cloth. Then, apply a small amount of mild soap on a clean cloth or brush to gently scrub away any remaining stains or marks on the leather upper. Finally, rinse off excess soap with water and allow for natural air drying.
Gather The Supplies
For cleaning the Shoe, you’ll need a brush, warm water, mild soap, a cloth or soft rag, and possibly some shoe polish depending on the type of material your shoes are made from.
Remove Excess Dirt With A Soft Brush
The first step is to remove any excess dirt with a soft brush. Do this by making circular motions and avoid pressing too hard on any one spot. Work in small sections and don’t scrub too hard, as this can damage the fabric or leather. Keep going until all the dirt is gone.
Once the dirt is gone, use a cleaner or soap solution and a damp cloth or sponge to wipe away any remaining residue. Then, dry them off with a clean cloth and store them away. This process should keep your shoes looking as good as new.
Remember, taking the time to clean your shoes properly can make all the difference. It’s worth the effort to ensure your Brooks shoes look their best.
Wash The Shoes With A Specialised Cleaning Product
The next step is to wash them with a specialised cleaning product, designed specifically for shoes made of fabric or leather. Follow the instructions on the container and apply the cleaner directly to a cloth, or spray it directly onto the shoe’s surface. Take your time to make sure the cleaner is evenly distributed across all areas.
Once you’ve applied and rubbed in the cleaning product, use a damp cloth or paper towel to wipe away any excess residue. This will help to protect your shoes against stains that can occur over time.
With regular cleaning sessions, your Brooks shoes won’t just look like new – they’ll stay that way for years to come. So don’t let your shoes suffer – give them the care they deserve with specialised products made for Brooks.
Use A Clean Cloth To Apply Cleaner
The fourth step is to use a clean cloth to apply the cleaner. Make sure it’s a new cloth, as you don’t want any dirt or residue from other items getting transferred to the shoes.
Allow the cleaner to do its job by giving your shoes a bit of time to sit. This will help remove dirt and stains for a thorough clean.
Once the product has been given time to work, you can move on to rinsing and drying your shoes.
At this point, you’ve completed the most important step in cleaning Brooks shoes: applying the cleaner evenly. With these instructions, you can make sure your shoes look their best again.
Clean The Midsole Of The Shoe With A Soft Brush
The best way to clean the midsole of a shoe is by using a soft brush – it allows you to get into all the details without damaging the material. Start by brushing in a circular motion and don’t forget to pay attention to any stubborn dirt. If needed, use a mild cleaner but be sure it doesn’t harm the material.
Once all the dirt is removed, rinse off any remaining cleaner with warm water and let the shoes air dry before wearing them again. This will help keep any chemicals off the shoes, ensuring they look fresh for longer.
So, give those shoes a good scrub. With a bit of effort, you’ll have your shoes looking spotless in no time. Plus, you can rest assured knowing that you’re taking care of them to the best of your ability.
Clean The Outsole Of The Shoe
Remove any visible dirt or debris with a damp cloth.
If the dirt is more stubborn, you can use a brush with a mild soap and water solution. After brushing the dirt away, rinse the outsole with clean water and let it air dry.
Finally, apply a waterproofing spray or cream to protect the outsole from future stains. Following these steps will keep your shoes looking great for longer.
Clean The Upper Part Of The Shoe
- Use a clean, dry cloth to wipe away any dirt or debris from the upper part of the shoe.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to remove any stubborn dirt or stains.
- If needed, use a mild detergent and water to clean the upper part of the shoe.
- Rinse off the detergent and let the shoe air dry.
- For leather shoes, apply a leather conditioner after the shoe is dry.
Finally, don’t forget to wipe down your shoes after every wear and make sure they’re completely dry before putting them away in order to prevent any dirt from sticking around and becoming harder to remove later on.
Dry The Shoes
Just go ahead and dry them. This should be done carefully, as the material and glue used on the shoe can be damaged if exposed to too much heat.
To avoid this, air drying is best.
If you live in a humid climate, it’s a good idea to stuff your shoes with newspaper or paper towels before letting them dry.
This will help absorb any moisture that might remain after cleaning, and also help keep their shape while they dry. If possible, try propping up the shoes in an upright position so that excess water can run off more easily.
Apply A Protectant And Water Repellent
- Start by cleaning the surface with a mild detergent and warm water. Allow it to dry thoroughly.
- Apply a protectant in an even coat with a soft cloth, making sure to cover both the top and bottom of the material.
- Allow the protectant to dry for at least 20 minutes.
- Apply a water repellent to the surface with a soft brush or cloth. Make sure to cover both the top and bottom of the material.
- Allow the water repellent to dry for at least 20 minutes.
- Enjoy your newly protected material!
How Often Should I Clean My Brooks Shoes?
It is recommended that you clean your Brooks shoes every 3-4 weeks to keep them looking their best and to maximize their lifespan.
Are Brooks Shoes Machine Washable?
No, Brooks shoes are not machine washable. Cleaning instructions vary from style to style, but the shoes should not be machine washed. Most styles can be wiped down with a damp cloth or a shoe cleaner specifically meant for the type of material used.
Can I Use Detergent To Clean My Brooks Shoes?
Yes, you can use a mild detergent and a damp cloth to clean the exterior of your Brooks shoes. However, it is best to avoid using any harsh chemicals, such as bleach, on your shoes as this could damage them.
How Do I Remove Tough Stains From My Brooks Shoes?
Removing stains from Brooks shoes can be tricky, depending on the type of material the shoe is made from. Some materials are more stain-resistant than others, and some stains may require special cleaning products. Below are some tips for removing tough stains from different types of Brooks shoes.
• Rub a leather cleaner or saddle soap into the stain using a soft cloth.
• Allow the leather cleaner to sit for a few minutes, then wipe off the excess with a damp cloth.
• Repeat the process until the stain is gone.
• Protect the leather with a leather conditioner.
• Brush the stained area with a suede brush to remove any dirt or debris.
• Make a solution of equal parts vinegar and water, and apply it to the stain with a soft cloth.
• Blot the stain with a damp cloth to remove the vinegar solution.
• Allow the shoe to air dry.
• Brush the area with a suede brush to restore the nap of the suede.
• Use a mild detergent and a soft-bristled brush to remove stains from mesh shoes.
• Apply the detergent to the stained area and scrub gently.
• Rinse the detergent with a damp cloth.
• Allow the shoe to air dry.
What Products Should I Use To Protect My Brooks Shoes?
- Waterproofing Spray: A waterproofing spray is great for keeping leather, suede, and canvas shoes protected from rain and snow.
- Shoe Insoles: Insoles provide extra cushioning and support and are great for protecting your shoes from wear and tear.
- Shoe Cleaner: A shoe cleaner helps to keep your shoes looking great and free of dirt and grime.